MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN RIGHTS
- Evolution of Human Rights
- Concepts of Rights and Duties
- Correlation between Rights and Duties
- Theories related to Human Rights
- Different aspects of Human Rights
- Protection of Human Rights
- Social Movements
- Education of Human Rights
- Formulation of NGOs
- Government Initiatives
MODULE 2: INTERNATIONAL ASPECTS OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- International bodies governing human rights
- Role of the United Nations
- International Human Rights Instrument s:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948
- International Convention on Civil & Political Rights 1996
- International Convention on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights 1966.
- Convention on Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against women 1979.
- Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989,
- UN Declaration and Duties and Responsibilities of Individuals 1997.
- Nature of the International instruments (i.e. whether they are binding or not)
- State responsibilities under International Instruments.
MODULE 3: HUMAN RIGHTS: AN INDIAN APPROACH
- Constitutional approach including basic features of the constitution, fundamental rights and duties, and their co-relation with International rights and duties.
- Recognition of human rights and the formulation of state bodies to protect these rights:
- National Human Rights Commission
- Non-state bodies to protect Human Rights
- Social movements
- Relation/Difference between state and non-state bodies
- Emerging trends:
- Human Rights and Environment
- Human Rights and Terrorism
- Human Rights and Globalisation
MODULE 4: HUMAN RIGHTS AND COVID-19
- Impact of COVID-19 on Human Rights:
- Impact on Health Aspect
- Impact on Economic Aspect
- Impact on Social Aspect
- Impact on Fundamental Rights
- The extent of violation of these rights and what measures have been taken so far to control them?
- Human Rights vs. Law of Land
MODULE 5: HUMAN RIGHTS IN RELATION TO SPECIAL CATEGORY
- Human Rights
- Rights of women & children
- Rights of disabled and older ones
- Rights of minorities
- Rights of migrants.
- Need of amendment in rights along with the introduction of new rights, co-ordination among government and states.
MODULE 6: PREVENTION OF VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- Bodies to prevent violations.
- At the international level
- National level
- The relation between both the levels along with the transparency of information
- Measures were taken by international organizations in the past years and the status of those measures.
- Need for new measures.
Explore all Legal Thirst courses:- Courses
How To Be An Instructor at LT Courses – Know Here